Mary Bobb Learning Academy and Day Care facilities are designed to be schools where children can blossom! Our programs begin with a deep respect for the child as a unique individual. We work from a deep concern for his or her social and emotional development. We recognize that before students can take advantage of a challenging education, they have to discover their innate abilities. They need to develop a strong sense of independence and self-discipline. They must be willing to make and learn from countless mistakes. This suggests an education of the heart, as much as an education of the mind. We seek to inspire a passion for excellence and to nurture curiosity, creativity, and imagination. Our goal is not only to give students a fine education but also to prepare them for life.
We provide a warm and supportive community of students, educators, and classroom that are bright and exciting environments for learning! We consciously teach our students to be kind and respectful. Our students learn through hands-on experience, investigation, and research. Our curriculum is carefully structured and integrated to demonstrate the connections among the different subject areas. The basis of our approach is the simple observation that children learn most effectively through direct experience and the process of investigation and discovery. No two students learn at the same pace, nor do they necessarily learn best from the same methods. Our goal is to be flexible and creative in addressing each student as a unique individual.
What We Offer
At Mary Bobb Learning Academy we offer:
- A fully licensed facility
- Professional staffed trained in child development
- High teacher to student ratio
- Learning,laughter, and play in a calm creative environment
- A loving and caring family atmosphere where each child is special with emphasis on politeness and respect for others
- Safe, well-equipped play space (indoor/outdoor)
- Year round operation (Full Program in September through June, July, and first part of August)
Mary Bobb Learning Academy Philosophy Statement
- To provide an early childhood elementary program which serves to provide a firm foundation for success.
- To serve each student intellectually, aesthetically, physically, and spiritually.
- To form a warm, welcoming alliance among educators, parents, and students whose goal is to cultivate confident, knowledgeable, and compassionate leaders.
- To provide a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment that fosters independent and cooperative learning, embraces strengths as well as weaknesses and builds self-esteem.
- To present an individualized course-of-study that inspires children to think, question, and discover through hands-on exploration.
- To challenge children to work to their full potential regardless of chronological age or grade.
- To promote an atmosphere that embrace diversity, inspires compassion, and celebrates the potential in every human being.